dinsdag 7 juli 2009

Les Dames s'Amusent

A few weeks ago I published a booklet called "Les Dames s'Amusent," with etchings, that were made after a series of pen-drawings by Jan Asselbergs.
I am happy I finally found the original portfolio of etchings. Could not be so hard, because the size of the etches is 26x31.5 cm, so the portfolio is even bigger. As I told you before, I found it in a Gallery called "De 3 Gratiƫn" (the 3 Graces), what I did not mention was that I was lucky to find the #1 print of an edition limited to 100 copies.
I hope you will enjoy, the now larger and thus better, version of the etchings.

"...That completed series of pen-drawings that got the perhaps not quite so friendly working title LES DAMES S'AMUSENT, originated in the early seventies (of the 20th century, Xa). From what? From being busy with pen and ink, with Japanes engracings. From being in love, with the material as well with the bodies of the young ladies and the sticks around them. From a kind of professional voyeurism. From the challenge that originates with the subject per se, I mean: one model is a problem; two of them, and moreover, in motion, is almost impossible. And don't forget: now, in 1985, there is nothing special, let it be, shocking, about the subject. In those days there was..."
(From an interview withJAN ASSELBERGS).

This portfolio has been edited during winter 1985-1986 by De Bospers, Oosterbeek (The Netherlands) in co-operation with Galerie d'O in Amsterdam. The edition is limited to 100 numbered copies that were signed by the artist drawer.
This is nr. 1./100















Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten